Entering the Jetpets Companion Animal Rescue Awards is by self-nomination for all categories, except for Volunteer of the Year. You will need to complete an online entry form to officially be in the running for a 2019 Rescue Award. Check out our top tips for a winning entry. It can be helpful to know the sort of questions will be asked. Take a look at our sample questions below for industry categories 1 – 4.
Open for entries is from 12 pm (AEDT) on 1 May to midnight (AEDT) 7 July 2019. More key dates for the 2019 Rescue Awards.
Before you start the entry process, here are some sample questions for industry categories to familiarise yourself and help you prepare your answers.
Animal adoption and customer service
- How do you communicate with successful and non-successful adopters?
- What are your pet adoption policies and procedures?
- What support do you give post adoption to adopters?
- What education do you provide to potential adopters?
- How do you use an online presence to promote animals for adoption?
Intake prevention and rehabilitation of companion animals
- What strategies do you use to lower the numbers of animals needing your help?
- How does your organisation prevent and control the spread of infectious diseases?
- How do you keep your most at risk populations of animals healthy?
Planning and sustainability
- Does your organisation have a plan?
- What are your three top goals?
- How do you record animals coming in and going out of your organisation?
- How does your organisation fund its operations?
Collaboration with stakeholders
- How does your organisation work with others for the benefit of the community’s pets, such as:
- veterinary clinics,
- rescue groups,
- animal shelters,
- councils, pet businesses; and
- your local community?
Staff and volunteers
- How many people in your organisation, how is it structured?
- What training do you provide to new people including volunteers?
- What areas of your operations are volunteers involved in, if any?
- How do you support volunteers including foster carers?
Governance and Compliance
- How does your organisation comply with the State laws?
- What is the status of your organisation?
- Do you have a committee who oversees the governance?
Organisation background profile
- Give a brief overview of your organisation including history and current operations.