Entering the Jetpets Companion Animal Rescue Awards is by self-nomination for all categories, except for Volunteer of the Year. You will need to complete an online entry form to officially be in the running for a 2019 Rescue Award.
Check out our top tips for a winning entry. It can be helpful to know the sort of questions will be asked. Take a look at our sample questions below.
Open for entries is from 12 pm (AEDT) on 1 May to midnight (AEDT) 30 June 2019. More key dates for the 2019 Rescue Awards.
Before you start the entry process, here are some sample questions for categories 1 to 4 to familiarise yourself and help you prepare your answers.
Animal adoption and customer service
- How do you communicate with successful and non-successful adopters?
- What are your pet adoption policies and procedures?
- What support do you give post adoption to adopters?
- What education do you provide to potential adopters?
- How do you use an online presence to promote animals for adoption?
Intake prevention and rehabilitation of companion animals
- What strategies do you use to lower the numbers of animals needing your help?
- How does your organisation prevent and control the spread of infectious diseases?
- How do you keep your most at risk populations of animals healthy?
Staff and volunteers
- How many people in your organisation, how is it structured?
- What training do you provide to new people including volunteers?
- What areas of your operations are volunteers involved in, if any?
- How do you support volunteers including foster carers?
Planning and sustainability
- Does your organisation have a plan?
- What are your three top goals?
- How do you record animals coming in and going out of your organisation?
- How does your organisation fund its operations?
Governance and Compliance
- How does your organisation comply with the State laws?
- What is the status of your organisation?
- Do you have a committee who oversees the governance?
Collaboration with stakeholders
- How does your organisation work with others for the benefit of the community’s pets, such as:
- veterinary clinics,
- rescue groups,
- animal shelters,
- councils, pet businesses; and
- your local community?
Organisation background profile
- Give a brief overview of your organisation including history and current operations.